About Me

29 March 2013

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask | Review




My first leap into the world of skin care was with my old faithful brand Origins. I put a few items down on my Christmas list and have been hooked on beauty products ever since! This was one of the first few items from Origins that i tried along with receiving a moisturiser and a cleanser.  I thought it was about time i started making a little more effort with my skin as i am at that age where taking good care of it now will really help its appearance in the future!  When i lived in London and daily to'ings and fro'ings from uni on the tube in a full face of makeup began to take it's toll, leaving my skin looking duller than it usually would, with my skin has absorbing the pollution from the city. So once a week i whip out the Origins Clear Improvement mask and apply a layer all over my face but concentrating mostly on my cheeks and my skin, where i tend to get blemishes and leave it on for roughly 20 minutes to half an hour. Origins claims that the active charcoal acts like magnet to draw the dirt that gets clogged in your pores and the clay absorbs environmental pollutants and dissolves the impurities. This mask really does feel like it is drawing out the built up dirt that you get from day to day errand running and makes your skin feel so clean and fresh. Perfect mask for a friday night after a long week at work or uni i think! So after deciding to give my skin a little more lovin', i have faithfully used this mask once a week since getting it at Christmas and i can say that my skin has never looked as good as it does now. Whilst i don't think it's all down to this mask alone, i think it does really help to draw out my skins impurities and leaves me with fresh, clean skin!