About Me

24 April 2013

Stila "In The Light" Eye Shadow Palette | Review


I finally gave in to my most wanted make-up item after Christmas and i can safely say i'll never go back! Now, i will be the fist one to say i am no eye makeup guru by a long shot, mostly sticking to cream eyeshadows which are minimal fuss! I'll take whatever is thrown my way that is easy to apply, with minimal effort involved, but makes me look like i have tried a little, you know? This Palette by Stila immediately caught my eye with its really wearable neutral colour range and it's easy on-the-go compact packaging. It seemed to be popping up everywhere on blogs and the shades seemed so perfect for everyday wear. The palette contains 6 shimmer shadows and 4 matte making everyday and evening eye makeup looks easy to achieve in the one palette. It seems that everyones favourite shade (and stills no.1 best seller) is "Kitten" (top row, second on the left) which is a lovely pink neutral shade, but my personal favourite has to be "Champagne" (bottom row, far left) which is a gorgeous shimmery champagne shade which seems to suit my skin tone more than "Kitten". The other shades are "Bare", a matte ivory, "Gilded Gold" which is a bronzey brown shade, "Bliss" which is a matte mink colour, "Luster" a dark aubergine colour with gold shimmer, "Sunset" a shimmery bronze pink, "Night Sky" is a blue shimmer, "Sandstone"a matte brown shade and "Ebony" which is a matte black. The colours apply very smoothly and are very soft, pigmented and creamy. The palette also comes with a Stila Smudge Stick in shade Damsel (a matte chocolate brown) which retails on its own for £13!

A swatch of my favourite shade "Champagne".

Overall, i think this palette is brilliant value for money as you get 10 lovely quality shadows in wearable shades and an eyeliner to boot! I think this palette would be a perfect addition to anyones makeup collection as it's so versatile and can see this lasting me a lonnnnnng time!

Have you tried any Stila products or their eye shadow palettes?